Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by kranga <kr...@k2d2.org> on 2004/08/25 15:56:38 UTC

Is Slide If: header compliant? (rfc2518 section 9.4)

Does Slide 2.0 handle the If: header? I see that the AbstractMethod class
handles:

If-Match
If-Modified-Since
If-None-Match
If-Unmodified-Since

but does it also handle the more generic If: header specified in section 9.4
of the webDAV protocol rfc2518 ? It seems like If can apply to all methods.
I only see calls to checkIfHeaders in PUT and GET. The example in section
9.4.2.1 of the RFC is shown with the COPY method. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Is Slide If: header compliant? (rfc2518 section 9.4)

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
Stefan Lützkendorf wrote:

> Yes, If header is handled by slide.
>
> If you have any cases that are not handled correctly, it is a severe bug
> and it would be good if you could report it.
>
> BTW If makes requests conditional in respect to locks, while the other
> four headers make them conditional in respect to content modification
> (given by last-modified-date and/or etag)

Well,

the If header can also be used to express conditions on ETags.

Best regards, Julian

Re: Is Slide If: header compliant? (rfc2518 section 9.4)

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
Magic? ;)

Posted by kranga <kr...@k2d2.org>.

Posted by Stefan Lützkendorf <lu...@apache.org>.