Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Raja <ra...@collab.net> on 2004/06/11 08:03:10 UTC

Multiple RepositorySelectors

Looks like the LogManager can take only one RepositorySelector per VM.
Im trying to have separate log4j entries for jboss where jboss related
entries are logged using the default log4j setting that jboss provides
and every application can use its own log4j setting.
I tried a few approaches like creating my own RepositorySelector and
feeding a log4j.xml into it so it can be used for that application but
the problem is that every log(including the JBoss ones) use that
RepositorySelector and all the logs fall into my application's log file.
I was wondering if there is a way to have multiple RepositorySelectors
so that every app can use its own file.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Raja