Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com> on 2013/08/18 22:32:59 UTC

Should StandardRequestHandler be deprecated?

I see that StandardRequestHandler is derived from SearchHandler, but that nothing in Solr uses it (besides a couple of tests) and it isn’t used in the standard Solr example config.

I see a note in the Search Handler wiki that: “NOTE: Prior Solr1.3, SearchHandler was named StandardRequestHandler.” SearchHandler seems to be the preferred name these days.

I do see a reference on the PostingsHighlighter wiki, but I suspect that should be to SearchHandler as well.

I also see two references in the new Solr refguide, but I suspect that they should be to SearchHandler as well.

So, shouldn’t StandardRequestHandler be deprecated (if not outright removed by now)?

-- Jack Krupansky