Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Deng Ching <od...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/08 04:17:09 UTC

Re: HTTP ERROR 500 in Archiva

Hi Kesler,

In future, please send your questions to users@archiva.apache.org instead
only :)

Regarding the error 500, can you paste the exception/error you got in
http://pastie.org/ and send the link? Attachments are disabled in the
mailing lists IIRC..

Regarding the roles, there are only two roles available in Archiva by
default: Repository Manager or Repository Observer.
The manager role allows users to read and write (upload/delete) to the
repository while the observer role gives users read-only access to the
repository.

I think it's possible to define your own role (with custom permissions) but
that would involve hacking through the redback.xml file
in archiva-security jar file. That's where the roles and permissions are
defined. If you'll look into the sources of archiva-security/ in 1.3.x
branch, you can look at how the roles and permissions are configured and
mapped.

Thanks,
Deng