Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org> on 2023/11/29 00:07:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Guacamole 1.5.4 (RC1)

Hello all,

The first release candidate for Apache Guacamole 1.5.4 has been uploaded
and is ready for VOTE. The draft release notes (along with links to
artifacts, signatures/checksums, and updated documentation) can be found
here:

http://guacamole.apache.org/releases/1.5.4/

The git tag for all relevant repositories is "1.5.4-RC1":

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/tree/1.5.4-RC1
https://github.com/apache/guacamole-server/tree/1.5.4-RC1
https://github.com/apache/guacamole-manual/tree/1.5.4-RC1

Build instructions are included in the manual, which is part of the
updated documentation referenced above. For convenience:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/1.5.4/gug/installing-guacamole.html

Maven artifacts for guacamole-common, guacamole-common-js, and
guacamole-ext can be found in the following staging repository:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheguacamole-1021

Source and binary distributions (also linked within the release notes):

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/guacamole/1.5.4-RC1/

Artifacts have been signed with the "mjumper@apache.org" key listed in:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/guacamole/KEYS

Please review and vote:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Here is my +1.

Thanks,

- Mike

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Guacamole 1.5.4 (RC1)

Posted by carl harris <ce...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

—
carl

Posted by Ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Morning all,

Had some trouble with RDP auth but have come to the conclusion it's most
likely at my end as I eventually got it to work :)

so +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Guacamole 1.5.4 (RC1)

Posted by James Muehlner <ja...@guac-dev.org>.
+1 (Binding)

Posted by Nick Couchman <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1 (Binding)

[CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Apache Guacamole 1.5.4 (RC1)

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On 11/28/2023 4:07 PM, Michael Jumper wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The first release candidate for Apache Guacamole 1.5.4 has been uploaded
> and is ready for VOTE. The draft release notes (along with links to
> artifacts, signatures/checksums, and updated documentation) can be found
> here:
>
> http://guacamole.apache.org/releases/1.5.4/
>
> The git tag for all relevant repositories is "1.5.4-RC1":
>
> https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/tree/1.5.4-RC1
> https://github.com/apache/guacamole-server/tree/1.5.4-RC1
> https://github.com/apache/guacamole-manual/tree/1.5.4-RC1
>
> Build instructions are included in the manual, which is part of the
> updated documentation referenced above. For convenience:
>
> http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/1.5.4/gug/installing-guacamole.html
>
> Maven artifacts for guacamole-common, guacamole-common-js, and
> guacamole-ext can be found in the following staging repository:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheguacamole-1021
>
> Source and binary distributions (also linked within the release notes):
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/guacamole/1.5.4-RC1/
>
> Artifacts have been signed with the "mjumper@apache.org" key listed in:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/guacamole/KEYS
>
> Please review and vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

Cancelling this in favor of an RC2 as Logback has since issued a 1.3.12
update correcting a bug with an associated CVE [1]. They've since issued
further updates, with the latest compatible version being 1.3.14 as of
today [2].

It doesn't look like the CVE would affect users of Guacamole at all, as
it depends on Logback having been manually reconfigured use a
"receiver", but it's certainly worth an RC2.

- Mike

[1] https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2023-6378
[2] https://logback.qos.ch/news.html#1.3.14