Posted to builds@apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/09 01:59:56 UTC

Automatic nexus snapshot deploy after succesful build?

I'm attempting to get Tapestry to automatically deploy snapshots after
a succesful build.

Tapestry builds using Gradle.

I'm still figuring out how to get PGP signatures generated and
uploaded with the main artifacts.

I can deploy using a local command line build BUT that's because my
~/.gradle/gradle.properties file contains my Apache username and
password.  I'm not happy about that (Gradle doesn't even have the
basic password obscuring added to Maven, so my password is in
plaintext on my laptop.  I don't like that.

I don't even have that option for Jenkins.

Is there any special way to upload from Jenkins to the Apache Nexus
snapshot (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/)
?

Thanks,

Howard

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Automatic nexus snapshot deploy after succesful build?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 9 June 2011 00:59, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm attempting to get Tapestry to automatically deploy snapshots after
> a succesful build.
>
> Tapestry builds using Gradle.
>
> I'm still figuring out how to get PGP signatures generated and
> uploaded with the main artifacts.

Why bother? This is a snapshot, not a release.

AFAICT, many/most of the other snapshots don't have sigs, only hashes.

> I can deploy using a local command line build BUT that's because my
> ~/.gradle/gradle.properties file contains my Apache username and
> password.  I'm not happy about that (Gradle doesn't even have the
> basic password obscuring added to Maven, so my password is in
> plaintext on my laptop.  I don't like that.
>
> I don't even have that option for Jenkins.
>
> Is there any special way to upload from Jenkins to the Apache Nexus
> snapshot (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/)
> ?

No idea about that.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 1:59 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't even have that option for Jenkins.
>
> Is there any special way to upload from Jenkins to the Apache Nexus
> snapshot (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/)
> ?

For publishing from Maven to repository.a.o in Jenkins, we use a
special purpose Jenkins user set up locally on the slaves. We can do
the same for gradle, just add a JIRA ticket with instructions on
what's needed.

/niklas