Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Raghavendra Prabhu <rr...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/12 06:11:58 UTC

analyser

While Indexing, I use a different Analyser

While searching, I use a simple standard Analyzer

Will this prevent me from getting the same best fragments when i do a search
for two terms say term1 and term2

Rgds
Prabhu

Re: analyser

Posted by Daniel Noll <da...@nuix.com.au>.
Raghavendra Prabhu wrote:
> While Indexing, I use a different Analyser
>
> While searching, I use a simple standard Analyzer
>
> Will this prevent me from getting the same best fragments when i do a search
> for two terms say term1 and term2

It depends on the differences, but in general you will always get
inconsistent results unless you use the same analyser for both.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd