Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Manoj Samel <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/01 03:12:47 UTC

Questions regarding metainfo.xml & and adding components dynamically

Hi,

Looking at the slider example app memcached README.txt, it seems that it is
required to package metainfo.xml when creating the jmemcached-1.0.0.zip
file. It is not required to package appConfig.json or resources.json (even
the appConfig-default.json or resourses-default.json), as these are given
later as command line parameters

1: When the cluster is created, I can see files
/xxx/.slider/cluster/<cluster name>/app_config.json and resources.json (as
well as internal.json etc.). I could not locate any HDFS file corresponding
to metainfo.xml packaged in the .zip. Is metainfo used to generate any
slider files in HDFS ?

2: I need to add components dynamically to cluster. The # of components and
their names are not known before hand. One way to do is when a component is
to be added, add the component entry on local copy of metainfo.xml,
regenerate the .zip and re-install the package with --replacepkg and then
do a slider upgrade with appConfig and resources file containing the new
component as well. Is there any other way to add a new component where I
can *** avoid *** rebuilding the .zip file ?

Thanks,

Re: Questions regarding metainfo.xml & and adding components dynamically

Posted by Manoj Samel <ma...@gmail.com>.
My question now boils down to a simple one - How do I run "slider create"
specifying --metainfo parameter ? I have removed "application.def"
parameter from appConfig.json and I think I am giving a valid metainfo.json
to --metainfo parameter. It still gives a null pointer when trying to read
the metainfo.

What are the mandatory entries in   metainfo.json  when supplied with
--metainfo ?

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

Posted by Manoj Samel <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manoj Samel <ma...@gmail.com>.