Posted to user@chukwa.apache.org by Oded Rosen <od...@legolas-media.com> on 2010/04/16 10:10:42 UTC

DirTailing an HDFS directory

Hi,
I do believe I remember reading about this somewhere, but I could not find
it anywhere now:

Can the FileTailingAdapter (or the DirTailAdapter, for that matter) tail
files that lie inside hdfs?
How do you configure an adapter to do that? just supply the hdfs:///
notation as the file (or dir) name?

Thanks
--
Oded

Re: DirTailing an HDFS directory

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.
There isn't currently a way to do that.  I don't quite understand what
the use case is.  Why is distcp not the right thing to do in that
case?

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com