Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Markus Grell <ta...@military.de> on 2012/03/21 21:35:06 UTC

Accessing zone form elements

Greetings!

I have a page that has the following structure:

<form...>
 <t:select t:id="manufacturer"...zone="output/>
 <t:zone id="output" t:id="output">
  <t:select t:id="item" id="item".../>
 </t:zone>
</form>

The idea: The select list "item" is updated based on the choosen value of
select list "manufactuer". Content for "item" is pulled from a database.
That works fine but now I need to add some javascript that operates on the
"item" select list. After the first update of the zone, the id of the
select list changes to "item_<hexnumber>".
Due to this new id the Javascript document.getElementById("item") fails,
for sure.

How can I solve that?  Any ideas?

Markus

Re: Accessing zone form elements

Posted by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can override the id generated for select by using parameter "clientId". So in your inner select you can use clientId='item'

regards
Taha