Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by KARTHIKEYAN E S <KA...@sella.it> on 2002/06/28 15:27:16 UTC

RE: why do not the authors of Jetspeed write the detail document about Jetspeed?

Yes it's a pleasure to do it.

I think most of the active developers of Jetspeed like Paul,David,Scott
...... (sorry to miss other developers) are extremely busy in shaping
Jetspeed to an excellent shape ( one can observe this by following
jetspeed-dev mailing list).

May be it's unfair to expect a detailed documentation or help manual from
them. Many of us have really benefited from such an open source EIP and I
feel the time has come for us to pay back by contributing as a developer or
atleast by lending our hands in preparing a help manual. As Gautam pointed
out, the help manual and FAQ we are about to prepare will definitely reduce
the number of queries flowing in to the forum.

A couple requests to Paul & Co.

1.You need to roll the ball first by preparing a TODO list for the help
manual or FAQ and give the adequate guidance.

2.If we observe JBOSS.org, they welcome the aspiring open source developers
in a fantastic manner like how to start and where to start ( kindly have a
look at http://www.jboss.org/developers/join.jsp). It is my humble opinion,
We need one such thing for the open source Jakarta projects. This would
facilitate the aspiring open source developers to start and then they may
become active developers in Jakarta projects.

With Thanks & Regards,
E.S.Karthikeyan

Questo documento e gli eventuali allegati sono indirizzati unicamente al
destinatario, a cui la lettura e l'utilizzo delle informazioni contenute
sono esclusivamente riservati. Nel caso di utilizzo non autorizzato, Banca
Sella potra' dar corso alle azioni piu' opportune per il risarcimento dei
danni subiti anche da terzi. Nell'ipotesi che la e-mail non fosse
indirizzata a Voi o il contenuto lasci intendere che possano esservi stati
errori o manipolazioni nella trasmissione, vogliate cortesemente contattare
i seguenti indirizzi di posta elettronica: info@sella.it; reclami@sella.it

This e-mail is directed uniquely to the interested party, which is the
exclusive addressee of any information contained herein. For any abuse about
the content of this message, Banca Sella will claim compensation for damages
occurred to third parties as well. In case the e-mail should be addressed to
other than you, or the content should reveal any transmission errors or
manipulations, please contact us at the following address: info@sella.it;
reclami@sella.it

RE: Ressources on Jetspeed ??

Posted by Ender KILIÇOGLU <en...@kilicoglu.nom.tr>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed

:)

Posted by Yann MOREAU <ya...@atosorigin.com>.
Hello,

Does anyone know where I could find ressources (tutorials, samples, ...) to
learn using Jetspeed (I mean programming, customizing menus and layouts,
...) ?

RE: why do not the authors of Jetspeed write the detail documentabout Jetspeed?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
See TODO-DOCUMENTATION.txt in the cvs head root dir
Additions to the TODO list and volunteers welcome

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
This looks like a cross post from the user list.
(There are a lot messages there today!)

> 1.You need to roll the ball first by preparing a TODO list
> for the help manual or FAQ and give the adequate guidance.

I will get the ball rolling and create a documentation TODO list.
Please help out by pointing out the areas of documentation that you
think need work.

> 2.If we observe JBOSS.org

JBOSS has an excellent development community.
I think we (Jetspeed developers) could learn from their site about how
other (non-Jakarta) open sources projects operate.

David