Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by le...@chello.at on 2015/02/01 03:04:46 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_proxy, php-fpm and DirectoryIndex

hello

I would like to provide PHP via php-fpm and use proxypass for that, which relays any requests for php files
to the listening FPM-Server, which then parses the PHP code, e.g.:

LoadModule proxy_fcgi_module ...mod_proxy_fcgi.so
LoadModule proxy_handler_module .../mod_proxy_handler.so

-> ProxyPassMatch ^/(.*\.php(/.*)?)$ fcgi://127.0.0.1:9000/path/$1

Now the issue with this is pretty much severe, which makes that approach and the idea useless:

it CAN handle http://host/index.php and it CAN handle http://host/whatever.php
but it CAN NOT handle php files given from a directory index, e.g.

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php index.php3 index.php4

... so a request such as: http://host/ simply fails. This one would result with a given
index.php into being appended to the request, but the REGEX at ProxyPassMatch
just handles these matches, obviously before DirectoryIndex comes to power internally.

This way, sadly, PPM can not determine whether DirectoryIndex will find some php file
later, so one can not use PPM for this to combine it with FPM.

--

Any ideas how to solve that issue? Any hints would be appreciated, since this is for
shared hosting, I am having that requirement that DirectoryIndex has to be parsed

Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy, php-fpm and DirectoryIndex

Posted by le...@chello.at.
thank you :>

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.