Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2011/08/26 23:30:03 UTC

New framework 3.3.0-SNAPSHOT

I've published a new framework 3.3.0-SNAPSHOT (aka 4.0) and I'd like
people to try it, especially people with a lot of bundles in their
systems. I've implemented an open file limit for the bundle cache
(previously the bundle cache would have an open file for each bundle JAR
and any embedded JARs on the bundle class path, which could add up).

Ultimately, I will set the default limit to be unlimited like it
currently is, but for testing purposes I've set the limit to 10 to see
if anyone can uncover any issues. I've introduced a new configuration
property to set the limit:

     felix.cache.filelimit

0 = unlimited and any positive int is the desired limit. I've
successfully started GF with its admin console with a limit of 1, so it
appears to be working, but more testing in the wild would be nice. If
you run into any issues, please report them on issue FELIX-3071 or to
the mailing list.

You can download the full snapshot distribution or just framework or
main depending on your needs.

Thanks.

-> richard