Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paul Tomblin <pt...@xcski.com> on 2009/08/17 02:16:11 UTC

Which versions?

Which versions of Lucene, Nutch and Solr work together?  I've
discovered that the Nutch trunk and the Solr trunk use wildly
different versions of the Lucene jars, and it's causing me problems.

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin

Re: Which versions?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Which versions of Lucene, Nutch and Solr work together?  I've
: discovered that the Nutch trunk and the Solr trunk use wildly
: different versions of the Lucene jars, and it's causing me problems.

The Solr and Nuthc projects don't really target any sort of strict binary
compatibility with eachother -- they operate on different release cycles
and upgrade their dependencies as needed.

most of hte work i know of to integrate nutch/solr (largly being worked on
in the nutch community as i understand it) seems to be focusing on using
Nutch to crawl, and then Nutch using the SolrJ client library to index to
solr over HTTP (i could be wrong about that).  In which case Nutch and
Solr don't need to be using hte same versions of Lucene at all.

People might be able t ogive you more assistance if you can describe
exactly what you're trying to do, and hat problems you are encountering,

-Hoss