Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Anetsberger <An...@INFOSCREEN.DE> on 2003/10/17 15:05:01 UTC

[users@httpd] You don't have permission to access /subdirectory/document.html o n this server

Hi,

I'm trying to start up an apache 2.0.47 http-server.
I filled my DocumentRoot-directory with content and can access all doc's
located directly in DocumentRoot.
But when I try to access a document in a subdirectory of DocumentRoot, I get
the error message:

You don't have permission to access /subdirectory/document.html on this
server

What may be the problem?
What to configure to let it work correctly?

Stephan

MFG

Stephan Anetsberger
Systemadministration
Infoscreen Gesellschaft für Stadtinformationsanlagen mbH
Baierbrunner Str. 39
81379 München

fon 089 748989-28
fax 089 748989-74

http://www.infoscreen.de
mailto:stephan.anetsberger@infoscreen.de

Re: [users@httpd] You don't have permission to access/subdirectory/document.html o n this server

Posted by Luis Moreira <la...@bes.pt>.
I suppose you are running Apache on a UNIX/Linux machine ?

Check the permissions of the directory.
If you set it up as "root", I believe Apache will not be able to open it, as
it runs under another user.

Luis