Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Lyle <ly...@cubic.com> on 2012/10/12 00:03:47 UTC

Can run, but not edit, a test script

JMeter 2.8 is installed on Solaris 10, with JDK 1.5.0    My X-Windows server
is running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

I can bring up the JMeter gui OK, and load and run a sample test script just
fine.  But I can't delete characters in any of it's fields using the gui.
The underlying jmx file has protections set wide-open, and I'm running as
root.  I can even position the cursor, add text to a field, and save the
test script successfully.  But the <backspace> and <delete> keys have no
effect.  I can run an x-windows editor (xedit) on the jmx file, and the
<backspace> and <delete> keys work just fine, so I don't think it's a
keyboard mapping issue.

Sorry for the newbie question, and it's got to be something dumb, but thanks
for any advice....Lyle

Re: Can run, but not edit, a test script

Posted by Britto Christy <br...@gmail.com>.
I guess this was the actual behavior of jmeter not os specfic or x-windows
problem

Just  highlight the text and press delete  instead of backspace. It may
help just in case

Posted by Lyle <ly...@cubic.com>.
It turns out that I can highlight text and type over it.  So I'm not stymied.
Still a good question, though.

Thanks....Lyle