Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr> on 2011/10/26 16:20:36 UTC

[math] looking for a broad reference paper

Hello,

One of the researcher I am working with (and who will soon start using
Apache Commons Math and Orekit) is looking for "a short article (no more
than 10 pages) that discusses the evolution of scientific data
communication technology and rates from 1960 to present".

Does one of our math-lovers have pointers to such a paper ?

Thanks,
Luc

Re: [math] looking for a broad reference paper

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 10/26/11 10:44 AM, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
> Le 26/10/2011 16:40, Phil Steitz a écrit :
>> On 10/26/11 7:20 AM, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> One of the researcher I am working with (and who will soon start using
>>> Apache Commons Math and Orekit) is looking for "a short article (no more
>>> than 10 pages) that discusses the evolution of scientific data
>>> communication technology and rates from 1960 to present".
>> What do you mean by "and rates?"
> I'm not sure. I copied his question to me verbatim, precisely to avoid
> introducing a wrong interpretation (he is a US citizen, I'm not a native
> English speaker).
>
>> Also, by "communication technology" do you mean, like, the web?  Or
>> are you talking about signal processing? Data representation?
>> Presentation?  Something else?
> I think he speaks about data links (say physical measurements devices
> you can find in laboratories, particle accelerators ... or Earth
> observation satellites ;-)

Oh, OK, so probably "rates" has something to do with data transfer
rates.

Sorry, but I don't personally have anything to offer.

Phil

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.