Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Lawrence Rosen <lr...@rosenlaw.com> on 2007/08/30 21:44:28 UTC

FYI: Developing Commercial Products for Open Source Platforms

Hi folks,

I wrote this article for a presentation I'm giving soon:

http://www.rosenlaw.com/CommercialProducts-on-OSS.pdf

I briefly mention Apache and its products and development methodology, among
others. I discuss issues that should be important to the companies that
adopt and adapt open source (and Apache) software. Please feel free to
distribute copies to anyone who might enjoy the read; this is published
under an open source license (OSL 3.0, of course!).

I welcome your feedback and suggestions.

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen

3001 King Ranch Road, Ukiah, CA 95482

707-485-1242 * cell: 707-478-8932 * fax: 707-485-1243

Skype: LawrenceRosen

Author of "Open Source Licensing: Software Freedom and

                Intellectual Property Law" (Prentice Hall 2004)