Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Russell Branca <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/01 20:58:15 UTC

Re: Simplifying Fauxton Setup

Turns out there's an undocumented proxy feature in bbb server. I just
pushed out a change that will proxy requests through to CouchDB as needed.
Its about 80% of the way there. We don't have to go this route long term,
but it gives you a development server that avoids the build step every time
you make a change.

-Russell

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.
On 1 February 2013 20:58, Russell Branca <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Turns out there's an undocumented proxy feature in bbb server. I just
> pushed out a change that will proxy requests through to CouchDB as needed.
> Its about 80% of the way there. We don't have to go this route long term,
> but it gives you a development server that avoids the build step every time
> you make a change.
>

> -Russell

Boom! Sweet find. And as soon as we get 1.3.x out, this gets even easier, right?

A+
Dave

Re: Simplifying Fauxton Setup

Posted by Russell Branca <ch...@gmail.com>.
Also just pushed out some wrappers around the local bbb/grunt packages (as
described above), so we can install all packages into the local
node_modules folder and still have easy to use paths.

Target dev flow:

git clone couchdb
cd src/fauxton
npm install
bbb server
*makes changes*
*profit*

The proxy settings will allow us to point at an running local (or remote)
CouchDB instance. So even if we leave Fauxton in the base repo, we can
still avoid requiring people to manually compile CouchDB.

-Russell