Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Foth, Oliver" <Ol...@gedas.de> on 2002/02/26 17:01:09 UTC

using LDAP-services

hi everybody,

we are trying to use the ldap-service. turbine-resources.properties are set
as follows:

services.SecurityService.user.class=org.apache.turbine.services.security.lda
p.LDAPUser
services.SecurityService.userPeer.class=org.apache.turbine.om.security.peer.
TurbineUserPeer
services.SecurityService.user.manager=org.apache.turbine.services.security.l
dap.LDAPUserManager
services.SecurityService.secure.passwords=true
services.SecurityService.secure.passwords.algorithm=SHA
services.SecurityService.ldap.security.athentication=simple
services.SecurityService.ldap.port=389
services.SecurityService.ldap.host=(our ip adress)
services.SecurityService.ldap.admin.username=admin
services.SecurityService.ldap.admin.password=admin
services.SecurityService.ldap.user.basesearch=*
services.SecurityService.ldap.user.search.filter=*
services.SecurityService.ldap.dn.attribute=userPrincipalName
services.SecurityService.ldap.provider=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory

when trying to connect to the the ldap-server, we're getting the following
null-pointer exception:

[Tue Feb 26 16:56:35 GMT+01:00 2002] -- ERROR --
	Exception:  java.lang.NullPointerException
	Stack Trace follows:
	java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.ldap.LDAPUserManager.retrieve(LDAPUserM
anager.java:172)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.ldap.LDAPUserManager.retrieve(LDAPUserM
anager.java:281)

what is wrong with the configuration? can anybody help us?

rgds,

olli

Re: using LDAP-services

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 11:01, Foth, Oliver wrote:
> hi everybody,
>
> we are trying to use the ldap-service. turbine-resources.properties are set
> as follows:

LDAP doesn't work within Turbine and isn't supported.

> olli

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: using LDAP-services

Posted by Eric Dobbs <er...@dobbse.net>.
On Tuesday, February 26, 2002, at 09:50  AM, Eric Dobbs wrote:

> If you had searched the archive with the keyword 'LDAP' and browsed
> the first page of the matching messages, you would discover that the
> LDAP stuff is broken:
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-
> user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg06149.html>

On re-reading that, my apologies if I came across too harshly.
-Eric

Re: using LDAP-services

Posted by Eric Dobbs <er...@dobbse.net>.
On Tuesday, February 26, 2002, at 09:01  AM, Foth, Oliver wrote:

> we are trying to use the ldap-service. turbine-resources.properties are
> set
> as follows:

Please check the mail archive before posting.
<http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-user%40jakarta.apache.org/>

If you had searched the archive with the keyword 'LDAP' and browsed
the first page of the matching messages, you would discover that the
LDAP stuff is broken:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-
user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg06149.html>

Are you interested enough to fix it?
-Eric