Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Joel Voss <jo...@leviathansecurity.com> on 2011/06/21 23:09:10 UTC

[Axis2] Disabling Fault Output

Hello,

I would like to disable all messages returned by 500 errors. I understand that these are used for debugging, but in production environments I would like to ask the person getting the error message to look at the documentation instead. My server setup involves Tomcat which has custom 500 messages, but it seems that Axis2 is not respecting the web.xml file.

An example of this is:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
<soapenv:Body><soapenv:Fault><soapenv:Code><soapenv:Value>soapenv:Receiver</soapenv:Value></soapenv:Code>
<soapenv:Reason><soapenv:Text xml:lang="en-US">Verbose exception message here...</soapenv:Text></soapenv:Reason><soapenv:Detail /></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

Joel R. Voss

Re: [Axis2] Disabling Fault Output

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
There are some other ways to do this, but one easy way is to write your
own handler (add to the fault flow) and just drop the out going messages
if the error code is 500.

Thanks,
Deepal