Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/15 17:22:34 UTC

Re: [VOTE] KIP-222 - Add "describe consumer group" to KafkaAdminClient

Hello folks,

I have update the KIP-222 wiki slightly upon the discussions we had during
the implementations of the KIP. Please find more information on the
following PRs:

https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/4454

https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/4856

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [VOTE] KIP-222 - Add "describe consumer group" to KafkaAdminClient

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.
Hi All,

We found one more gap in this KIP. It is useful for the
describeConsumerGroups API to expose the group state so that users can tell
when a group is rebalancing. Colin submitted a PR with the proposed changes
here: https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/4980. Please review and let us
know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Jason