Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Kevin Cameron <ke...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/16 16:44:08 UTC

Re: Issues with LDAP groups and users not populating

I know this is an old post but given the amount of time I put into this I
thought I would post a follow-up.

  So I was having a crazy amount of issues with users not populating
consistently or not working from LDAP.  What I finally figured out is it
was related to the Primary AD group that the users were part of.  In our
use case the accounts used by Guac users were not part of the "Domain
Users" group so we had the primary group the same as the AD group tied to
Guacamole.  Because of the way that the LDAP details are returned a users
primary AD group does not appear in the "MembersOf" list.

After finally figuring this out we had to have a unique AD group to use as
the primary AD group and then when we assigned a user to their sub group
which was tied to Guacamole they populated right away!

Kevin