Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Namit Katariya <ka...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/04 00:50:08 UTC

Contributors group and starter task

My username on the Apache JIRA is katariya.namit. Could one of the admins
please add me to the contributors group so that I can have a starter task
assigned to myself?

Thanks,
Namit

Re: Contributors group and starter task

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Namit,

There's no need to assign a bug to yourself to say you're working on it.
The recommended way is to just post a PR on github - the bot will update
the bug saying that you have a patch open to fix the issue.

--
Marcelo

Re: Contributors group and starter task

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Once you submit a pull request for some JIRA, the JIRA would be assigned to
you.

Cheers