Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Chaffinch <mi...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2004/03/01 10:48:44 UTC

database seems to be corrupt.

Hi,

I have just got hold of and installed Subversion 1.0. All was workin well
until the other night I came to import some new files and got an Abort Trap.
Any attempt to access the db resulted (such as svnlook) also gave an abort
trap. So I tried running db_recover. This stops the abort trap but running
this gives me the following output:

db_recover: Ignoring log file: log.0000000001: magic number 0, not 40988
db_recover: Invalid log file: log.0000000001: Invalid argument
db_recover: First log record not found
db_recover: PANIC: Invalid argument
db_recover: DB_ENV->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

There are 3 log.000000000x files in the repos/db directory numbered 1, 6 and
7. And also one in my home numbered 1. I don't know if this is significent.

I am running db_recover with no parameters in the repos/db directory, I hope
this is correct.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is, should I be worried???

=====
Regards

Chaffinch

Re: database seems to be corrupt.

Posted by Chaffinch <mi...@yahoo.co.uk>.
 --- Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> wrote: > On Mon, 2004-03-01 at
04:48, Chaffinch wrote:

> > I am running db_recover with no parameters in the repos/db directory, I
> hope
> > this is correct.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me what the problem is, should I be worried???
>
> You should be using 'svnadmin recover', unless you understand all the
> parameters to db_recover.  Have you read the FAQ about this?  The Book?

I did run 'svnadmin recover', it failed and told me to run db_recover.

=====

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.