Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Eirikur Hrafnsson <ei...@idega.is> on 2005/01/25 15:41:50 UTC

How to get the Lucene indexes into slide jdbc?

Hi all,

I noticed and mentioned a while ago that the index that the
LuceneContentIndexer and property indexers create is stored in the file
system(under tomcat/bin/store/...) and not in my Slide JDBC store. This
will cause problems I think when we need to use it in a cluster
environment since only one of the webservers will actually have the
lucene index.

Is there any way to tell the indexers to store the index in my Slide
repository?

Best Regards

Eirikur S. Hrafnsson, eiki@idega.is
Chief Software Engineer
Idega Software
http://www.idega.com

Re: How to get the Lucene indexes into slide jdbc?

Posted by Thomas Cataldo <th...@aliacom.fr>.
On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 12:57 +0000, Eirikur Hrafnsson wrote:
> Great news :)
>
> however I can't use it if it's GPL since I'm working on a closed
> system. It would also be best if the connector would be donated to the
> Slide project directly right?

If the slide project is interested, we can probably do that (I submitted
your advice to our management). Stay tuned.

Re: How to get the Lucene indexes into slide jdbc?

Posted by Eirikur Hrafnsson <ei...@idega.is>.
Great news :)

Posted by Thomas Cataldo <th...@aliacom.fr>.

Posted by Guido Casper <gc...@s-und-n.de>.
FWIW, you might want to have a look at these weblog postings (even Doug
Cutting left some comments):
http://epesh.blog-city.com/read/1001351.htm
http://epesh.blog-city.com/read/1002949.htm
http://epesh.blog-city.com/read/1005164.htm

According to the author Hani Suleiman wrote a RDBMS-based directories
for Lucene as well.

HTH
Guido

Stefan Lützkendorf wrote:
> Hi
> I think there is currently no way to tell lucene storing indexes in
> a JDBC store.
> If there would be a corresponding implementation of
> org.apache.lucene.store.Directory it would be possible. But I don't know of
> any such implementation.
>
> Stefan
>

> Eirikur Hrafnsson wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I noticed and mentioned a while ago that the index that the
>> LuceneContentIndexer and property indexers create is stored in the
>> file system(under tomcat/bin/store/...) and not in my Slide JDBC
>> store. This will cause problems I think when we need to use it in a
>> cluster environment since only one of the webservers will actually
>> have the lucene index.
>>
>> Is there any way to tell the indexers to store the index in my Slide
>> repository?
>>
>> Best Regards
>>
>> Eirikur S. Hrafnsson, eiki@idega.is
>> Chief Software Engineer
>> Idega Software
>> http://www.idega.com

Freundliche Grüße / With kind regards
Guido Casper

S&N AG
Competence Center Open Source
Klingenderstr. 5
D 33100 Paderborn

voice  +49 5251/1581-87
fax    +49 5251/1581-71
eMail  gcasper@s-und-n.de
Web    http://www.s-und-n.de

Re: How to get the Lucene indexes into slide jdbc?

Posted by Eirikur Hrafnsson <ei...@idega.is>.
The index for each file is only created when the are uploaded/saved so
the index for a file would only ever reside on the webserver the client
uploaded to...

Posted by Carlos Villegas <ca...@uniscope.jp>.
Hi

Posted by Stefan Lützkendorf <lu...@apache.org>.