Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Lukasz L." <Lu...@sabre.com> on 2008/02/06 15:38:47 UTC

flitering fault messages

I have such scenario
HTTP BC -> Pipeline -> Bean (logic) -> (back to pipeline) ->Destination

it is rubust-in-only pattern (in http bc) because client wants to know only
if there was an error or not.
Bean (logic) returns FAULT message if an error occured and it is returned to
http client.

Now I want to forward any FAULT message also to RSS component.
How should I do it?

I can't set faulstTarget on pipeline because I want also notify http client.
I can't put something like wire tap between http bc and pipeline because is
looks only at IN message, not the FAULT.

Re: flitering fault messages

Posted by "Lukasz L." <Lu...@sabre.com>.

Lukasz L. wrote:

> I have such scenario
> HTTP BC -> Pipeline -> Bean (logic) -> (back to pipeline) ->Destination
>
> it is rubust-in-only pattern (in http bc) because client wants to know
> only if there was an error or not.
> Bean (logic) returns FAULT message if an error occured and it is returned
> to http client.
>
> Now I want to forward any FAULT message also to RSS component.
> How should I do it?
>
> I can't set faulstTarget on pipeline because I want also notify http
> client.
> I can't put something like wire tap between http bc and pipeline because
> is looks only at IN message, not the FAULT.

It turned out that I can use wire tap for this purpose,
it can filter also fault meesage out
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/servicemix/servicemix-eip/3.2/servicemix-eip-3.2-schema.html#wire-tap

Conclusion - Don't relay on docs :)