Posted to users@deltaspike.apache.org by Christian Beikov <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/01 08:30:21 UTC

Introduce Pageable in DeltaSpike Data analogous to Spring Data

Hey,

I was wondering if there would be interest in introducing a Pageable
interface analogous to what Spring Data has or if the DeltaSpike answer
to this is the QueryResult interface.

Being able to pass in the pagination configuration as parameter has the
advantage that one could e.g. write a JAX-RS RequestBodyReader for
constructing the object from various sources. Without such a Pageable
interface, users would have to map the request parameters manually to
the respective operations in a QueryResult which is quite repetitive and
not really allows for extensions. I implemented an extension for Spring
Data and Spring MVC that adds support for keyset pagination which is
made easily possible because I can just subclasss the Pageable interface
of Spring Data and handle the deserialization in a custom
MethodArgumentResolver. I'd like to do the same for DeltaSpike Data with
JAX-RS which forces me to create my own Pageable interface.

Since I just read that Mark is proposing to set the required Java base
version to 8, I was wondering if this means there will be a 2.0 release
that is Java 8ified. If so, I would like to propose to add this Pageable
stuff to DeltaSpike Data 2.0.

Comments, thoughts? :)

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
*Christian Beikov*

Re: Introduce Pageable in DeltaSpike Data analogous to Spring Data

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <gp...@apache.org>.
hi @ all,

fyi:
in our irc-channel the main (tech.) argument about requiring java 8 as a
baseline before ds2 was about default methods.
however, there wasn't a clear consensus about using default methods in our
api/spi -> maybe we should discuss those topics first.

regards,
gerhard

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ondrej Mihályi <on...@gmail.com>.