Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by John Wilcock <jo...@tradoc.fr> on 2012/09/27 16:10:52 UTC

Re: Spamd cannot listen to more than one IP address (or to v4/v6 at the same time)

[replying to dev@ to avoid bugspam]

 > --- Comment #3 from Greg Troxel<gd...@ir.bbn.com>  ---
> I checked an apache server that listens on both v4 and v6 and the config file
> has
>
> Listen 0.0.0.0:80
> Listen [::]:80
>
> So I don't follow "single bind".   (I suspect that on systems that have v6only
> set to 0, listening on [::] will result in handling v4 connections as mapped
> addresses.)

The documentation for apache's Listen directive is actually very helpful
in explaining the situation with regard to IPv4-mapped IPv6 addresses
and BSD's different default.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/bind.html#ipv6

John.

--