Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@apache.org> on 2017/01/18 16:45:41 UTC

ApacheCon CFP closing soon (11 February)

Hello, fellow Apache enthusiast. Thanks for your participation, and
interest in, the projects of the Apache Software Foundation.

I wanted to remind you that the Call For Papers (CFP) for ApacheCon
North America, and Apache: Big Data North America, closes in less than a
month. If you've been putting it off because there was lots of time
left, it's time to dig for that inspiration and get those talk proposals in.

It's also time to discuss with your developer and user community whether
there's a track of talks that you might want to propose, so that you
have more complete coverage of your project than a talk or two.

We're looking for talks directly, and indirectly, related to projects at
the Apache Software Foundation. These can be anything from in-depth
technical discussions of the projects you work with, to talks about
community, documentation, legal issues, marketing, and so on. We're also
very interested in talks about projects and services built on top of
Apache projects, and case studies of how you use Apache projects to
solve real-world problems.

We are particularly interested in presentations from Apache projects
either in the Incubator, or recently graduated. ApacheCon is where
people come to find out what technology they'll be using this time next
year.

Important URLs are:

To submit a talk for Apache: Big Data -
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america/program/cfp
To submit a talk for ApacheCon -
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp

To register for Apache: Big Data -
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america/attend/register-
To register for ApacheCon -
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/attend/register-

Early Bird registration rates end March 12th, but if you're a committer
on an Apache project, you get the low committer rate, which is less than
half of the early bird rate!

For further updated about ApacheCon, follow us on Twitter, @ApacheCon,
or drop by our IRC channel, #apachecon on the Freenode IRC network. Or
contact me - rbowen@apache.org - with any questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Rich Bowen, VP Conferences, Apache Software Foundation

--
(You've received this email because you're on a dev@ or users@ mailing
as this varies from one list to another.)

Re: ApacheCon CFP closing soon (11 February)

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Jan 18, 2017 18:00, "Matthew Sacks" <ma...@matthewsacks.com> wrote:

Proposal: dissociate from Linux foundation as the ASF has nothing to do
with Linux and never did.

Matthew,

We are 3 years into a 5 year contract with LF to produce ApacheCon. This
was a decision made by a lot of people, after months of discussion, and not
something we jumped into. If you would like to be part of future ApacheCon
decision making, I encourage you to join the Community Development mailing
list and join the ongoing conversation about future events. Thanks.

Posted by Matthew Sacks <ma...@matthewsacks.com>.

Posted by Diana Ying <di...@gmail.com>.
Rich,

Please unsubscribe me *completely *and take me off your list too. I already
did so from some mailing list just now that seems automated, and it seems
it triggered this email too.

Thanks,
Diana Ying

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Igniters,

If you’re use Apache projects (not only Ignite) for IoT purposes please go ahead and submit your IoT related talks to ApacheCon and IoTFuse.

 - 3 Feb: Submit a presentation proposal for IoTFuse https://iotfuse.com/call-for-proposals-2017-iotfuse-conference/ <https://iotfuse.com/call-for-proposals-2017-iotfuse-conference/>

 - 11 Feb: Submit a presentation proposal for ApacheCon http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp <http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp>

—
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Igniters,

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
+ user list

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
+ user list

Fwd: ApacheCon CFP closing soon (11 February)

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Igniters,

Posted by Riccardo Tommasini <ri...@polimi.it>.
Thinking about it. My group and I are using calcite for ontology based data access

Riccardo Tommasini
Master Degree Computer Science
PhD Student at Politecnico di Milano (Italy)
streamreasoning.org<http://streamreasoning.org/>

Submitted from an iPhone, I apologise for typos.

On 18 January 2017 at 20:46:05, Julian Hyde (jhyde@apache.org<ma...@apache.org>) wrote:

There was 1 Calcite talk at ApacheCon: Big Data North America (by me), and 3 Calcite talks at ApacheCon: Big Data Europe (by Jesus, Atri and Alan). Can we continue the trend?!

Please submit a talk about Calcite, or how you use it.

I’ve heard that Miami in May is quite pleasant. :)

Julian

Begin forwarded message:

Posted by "jordan.halterman@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com>.
I don't want to take over this thread with an off topic discussion. I'll respond to your other thread about Spark.

From: jordan.halterman@gmail.com <jo...@gmail.com>
Reply: dev@calcite.apache.org <de...@calcite.apache.org>
Date: 20 January 2017 at 11:35:08
To: dev@calcite.apache.org <de...@calcite.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: ApacheCon CFP closing soon (11 February)

Posted by "jordan.halterman@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Sure thing.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by "jordan.halterman@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tryfonas Theophilou <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rich,

I have been trying to take myself off this mailing list multiple times and
i emailed the administrator but email bounces back.

I no longer wish to received this communication

Many thanks

Tryfonas

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@apache.org>.
Diana and Tryfonas,

I do not have the ability to unsubscribe you on your behalf, as I am not a moderator on that list.

Thanks for your interest in Karaf.

--Rich