Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Francesco Bellomi <fb...@libero.it> on 2002/04/02 13:25:49 UTC

gzip performance

Hi,

first of all, I'd like to thank all the XIndice team for their excellent work.

I'm experimenting with XIndice, and I would like to know how much the
"gzip" option of the BTreeFiler affects performance.
Does XIndice run faster with this feature turned off? In a working
environment where response time is more important than disk memory usage,
would you suggest disabling compression?

Thanks in advance,
Francesco

-
Francesco Bellomi
"Use truth to show illusion,
and illusion to show truth."

Re: gzip performance

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.
On Tuesday, April 2, 2002, at 04:25 AM, Francesco Bellomi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> first of all, I'd like to thank all the XIndice team for their excellent
> work.
>
> I'm experimenting with XIndice, and I would like to know how much the
> "gzip" option of the BTreeFiler affects performance.
> Does XIndice run faster with this feature turned off? In a working
> environment where response time is more important than disk memory usage,
>  would you suggest disabling compression?

I thought the gzip functionality had been removed, but could be wrong. It
was causing corruption of data so it definitely shouldn't be used.

> Thanks in advance,
> Francesco
>

> -
> Francesco Bellomi