Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Edward Chen <ja...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/13 17:43:02 UTC

where to download odbc driver ?

Hello,

As per Ignite doc, ignite is shipped with ODBC windows pre-built
installers. I can not find any odbc msi file in
apache-ignite-2.7.6-bin.zip.  Do you know how to get the odbc driver ?

https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/odbc-driver#building-odbc-driver

Thanks. Ed

Re: where to download odbc driver ?

Posted by Mikhail <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ed,

Please read the doc:
https://www.gridgain.com/docs/latest/developers-guide/SQL/ODBC/odbc-driver#installing-odbc-driver

you can find binaries here: %IGNITE_HOME%\platforms\cpp\bin\odbc\

Thanks,
Mike.

how to achieve this topology ?

Posted by Edward Chen <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I want to achieve this topology, do you know how to configure ?

The critical parts are, cache2 in JVM2 should not be replicated or
copied to JVM 1 . cache1 in JVM1 should not be replicated or copied to
JVM 2 .  JVM3 and JVM 4 are each other failed-over backup.

Thanks. Ed

Re: how to achieve this topology ?

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
>Therefore, I think JVM1 and JVM2 should be client node with near caches
and also have node filter.
Not really, you can choose only one solution here - NodeFilter or client
nodes with Near cache. If you want to store data on nodes JVM1 and JVM2,
then you should go with NodeFilter approach. In this case they will be
server nodes and they will have all needed data locally.
In case of using Near cache, entry will be added to it only after reading
this entry from the remote cache first time. Also, this data will be
removed after node restart.

Evgenii

Posted by Edward Chen <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
Or JVM3 and JVM4 would be your Ignite cluster (server nodes) and JMV1 and JVM2 would be client nodes, possibly with near caches.

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,