Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2014/03/28 16:33:27 UTC

Who can make a quick one-page site?

Its looking like we need to make our own website for allura.apache.org and not
just redirect to the wiki on our Allura forge instance.

Does someone want to make a quick single static page for us?  If we can have it
done in a day or two that would be good, so we can have it completely ready by
Monday and finally do our press release about graduating.

Of course it should look nice (maybe bootstrap with a bit of theming?).  It'll
need to have a lot of what we have on
https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/wiki/Home/ right now.  Specifically:

* title Apache Allura™
* summary
* links to License, Sponsorship, Thanks, Security, apache.org
* apache logo
* allura download links
* footer copyright & trademark lines
* link to docs, forge wiki, code, tickets, mailing list, etc - maybe group into
sections for users/installers vs devs

We do have the option to use the Apache CMS (a static site generator) which I
think may be useful long-term but will have an initial learning curve.
https://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html

I can work with infrastructure to get the SVN repo that'll hold the site all
squared away.

Thanks!

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal

Re: Who can make a quick one-page site?

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
On 3/31/14 4:12 PM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:

>> http://allura.apache.org/ is up now.  Any feedback on the content or
>> design?
>> Note: I am not a designer!
>>

> Noticed a wrong link on the comparison page, in the first table. Apach
> Bloodhound should point to:
> http://bloodhound.apache.org/

Fixed.  Note that it is a wiki, so any PMC member with an account can be given
permissions to it :)

Re: Who can make a quick one-page site?

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.

> http://allura.apache.org/ is up now.  Any feedback on the content or
> design?
> Note: I am not a designer!

Noticed a wrong link on the comparison page, in the first table. Apach
Bloodhound should point to:
http://bloodhound.apache.org/

Roberto

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.