Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Karen Miller <km...@pivotal.io> on 2016/06/07 20:19:55 UTC

new wiki content

Feedback and suggestions welcomed on a newly added Apache Geode
(incubating) wiki subject at
  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Index
The content is under the new category of Handling User Issues and Design.

The first subject addressed is that of heap memory space and what happens
when a Geode
member exceeds threshold values in its heap allocation.

This content targets users designing with Geode, aiming to expand into that
elusive target of best practices in design.

Re: new wiki content

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io>.
Good stuff, Karen. Complements the material in App Dev -> troubleshooting
without duplicating it. A nice addition to the wiki!

Re: new wiki content

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.
Agree with Dan, its more about troubleshooting/fixing issue.

Will it be a good idea to organize them as:

Troubleshooting:
- When system encounters OOM
- When critical heap...

When i read it as design, i was expecting, system design instruction based
on certain requirement. Just my thoughts...
E.g.: For 10GB of data store, what is the memory requirement for 3 node
system...

-Anil.

Re: new wiki content

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.