Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com> on 2001/03/09 02:20:42 UTC

[VOTE] jdbc taglib release

Hi all,

Time for another vote!  I have one independent
confirmation each that the wasEmpty tags and jndiName
tags work properly.  I'd like to vote for code-freeze
and release of the JDBC tag library.  Any takers?

- Morgan

=====
Morgan Delagrange
Britannica.com

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: [VOTE] jdbc taglib release

Posted by Ted Husted <ne...@husted.com>.
+1

Nice work. I've been testing this with the Struts datasource pool. Works
great!

-- Tel 716 737-3463.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/

Nightly build failing (was: Re: [VOTE] jdbc taglib release)

Posted by Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com>.
Hi all,

The nightly builds for JDBC are failing.  I suspect
it's because the environment does not contain the
optional JDBC 2.0 API, which contains the DataSource
class.  Does anybody have any thoughts on where I can
put the required JAR, or if it exists elsewhere?  I've
looked at the other tags, and none of the others seem
to have extra-JDK and Jakarta dependencies, except for
BSF which is grabbing the JAR from Xalan.

Does anyone object to my checking the optional JDBC
2.0 API into the "lib" directory of the JDBC taglib?
There may be a legal ramification there, but I don't
think so as long as it is not packaged in the
distribution.  Any other ideas?

- Morgan

--- Pierre Delisle <pi...@sun.com> wrote:

> Morgan Delagrange wrote:
> >
> > Excellent, we have a release.  Does anybody know
> how
> > to set up for a daily build?  I can probably
> figure it
> > out if there are no volunteers.  :)
>
> Morgan,
>
> I believe you simply need to update the root
> build.xml
> so it includes the JDBC tag library.
> The nightly build should then pick it up.
>
> From build.xml:
>
>   <!-- ************************* Subproject
> Execution ********************* -->
>
>   <!--
>         Add a new target for each defined custom tag
> library subproject.
>         Be sure you also add each target to the
> "depends" list for the
>         "dist" target at the bottom of this file.
>
>   -->
>

>     -- Pierre

=====
Morgan Delagrange
Britannica.com

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Re: [VOTE] jdbc taglib release

Posted by Pierre Delisle <pi...@sun.com>.
Morgan Delagrange wrote:

> Excellent, we have a release.  Does anybody know how
> to set up for a daily build?  I can probably figure it
> out if there are no volunteers.  :)

Morgan,

I believe you simply need to update the root build.xml
so it includes the JDBC tag library.
The nightly build should then pick it up.

>From build.xml:

  <!--

Re: [VOTE] jdbc taglib release

Posted by Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com>.