Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net> on 2018/05/07 08:04:59 UTC

Compliment

Hey devs, netbeans enthusiasts and Apache committers,

I would like to thank all of you for your work. I really appreciate what you/we have done until now. Yes I know, I have to thank me too, because we are all the same etc. pp. But As I did a Little Retro on my self, I went through the PRs and the last months, what was done until now, I must say I’m impressed and I really like that community. Yes of Course, I will do more and more pull requests soon too because I’m part of it too and I see the light at the end of the tunnel (and it is not a Train 😃), that we will have a RC or stable Release of NB 9 soon.

So from my side a big THANK YOU to all of you and your work. Sure it was not that easy, we are in Transition now from late of 2016 on, but it was a great challange. Big thanks goes to Geertjan for preparing the stuff from Oracle to Apache and Jirka for the Community thinking and all of the other People too. After a Weekend at the Wordcamp in Soltau (In Germany, a camp About WordPress), I really would like to come to a netbeans day and Maybe we will have there some contribution time (Idea that it came into my mind, after that weekend), where we can discuss Topics and contribute to them directly. But this is and other Topic.

As Geertjan asked me one day, what I think About, if NetBeans becomes a Apache Project, I was a bit sceptical and scared, because I saw the other Software, coming from Oracle, which is handled from the community now (OpenOffice/LibreOffice). So i thought „oh no, that can’t be true“. But with all of that People, helping Hands and full of power and new Energy.

Cheers

Chris

Re: Compliment

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.