Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Boris Horvat <ho...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/20 18:58:17 UTC

Tapestry Jquery Bind

Did anyone used this?

I cant use the example in the tapestry5-jquery as it complains that slider
is not a mixin, so I guess that the example is old as slider is now a
component. Still I have tried to use

<t:zone t:id="zoneSlideChange">
</t:zone>

<t:form>
<t:textfield t:id="textZone" t:mixins="jquery/bind"
                event="onchange" eventType="onfocus" zone="testzone"/>
</t:form>

----------------

@Property
    @Persist
    private String textZone;
    @InjectComponent
    private Zone zone;

    @OnEvent(value = "onchange")
    public Object onchange(String value) {
        textZone = "The SlideChange event was triggered.";
        return zone.getBody();
    }

Does anyone know where is the problem?

Cheers
Boris

Re: Tapestry Jquery Bind

Posted by Boris Horvat <ho...@gmail.com>.
This seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks

--
Sincerely
*Boris Horvat*

Re: Tapestry Jquery Bind

Posted by Emmanuel DEMEY <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Tapestry Jquery Bind

Posted by Boris Horvat <ho...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manu,

--
Sincerely
*Boris Horvat*

Re: Tapestry Jquery Bind

Posted by Jens Breitenstein <ma...@j-b-s.de>.
Hi All!

I struggeld with something similar for some days maybe it helps you to
see how I solved my problem and maybe you can reuse
something...Basically I tried to find a work around for the autocomplete
mixin limitations, which just accepts string as return type, thus
rendering complex values is nearly impossible.

The Bind mixin provides several parameters: zone, callback, context.
To pass the current content of a input field back to Tapestry I used:

... t:mixins="jquery/bind" bind.event="change" bind.eventType="keyup"
bind.zone="schoolSearchResultZone"
                                         bind.callback="function
(event,ui,url) { x = $('#schoolTextField').val(); url.addContext(x); }" ...

"bind.context" just passes the initial value back, which is useable to
pass static state back, but I needed the latest value from the input
field. Using the code above I get a callback when the user types a
character in the input field (field assigned with id "schoolTextField").

"url.addContext" replaces "COntEXt" (used internally by bind) by the
value of my input field. Therefore a java function "public Object
onChange(final String searchText)" is called. Be careful: in case the
input field is empty the "dynamic context" misses and the required
function signature is: "public Object onChange()".
I decided to have two java methods but you can use JavaScript to avoid
calls when no input was made, too.

My method

public Object onChange(final String searchText)
{
     // do something with searchText...
     return schoolSearchResultZone.getBody();
}

returns a zone and allows me to render whatever I need in which form I
want. So it works like "autocomplete" but fits more the entire page
design :-)

The zone itself is defined in my page by

     @InjectCompenent private Zone _schoolSearchResultZone;

and the corresponding tml fragment is:

t:id="schoolSearchResultZone">
         ... loop whatever ...

Be careful, the context (searchText) is not encoded properly yet, so
german umlauts will fail. But I'll figure this out next...

Jens

Re: Tapestry Jquery Bind

Posted by Emmanuel DEMEY <de...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tapestry Jquery Bind