Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nestor Waldyd <nw...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2013/11/06 22:26:44 UTC

PFX generation using keytool

Hello,

I am trying to generate a PFX in order to make public a site via Forefront TMG. When generating the pfx, the following was prompted:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_25\bin>keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore C:\securitySitam\.keystore -destkeystore C:\securitySitam\sitam.pfx -srcstoretype JKS -deststoretype PKCS12
Enter destination keystore password:
Enter source keystore password:
Problem importing entry for alias root: java.security.KeyStoreException: TrustedCertEntry not supported.
Entry for alias root not imported.
Do you want to quit the import process? [no]:

How can i solve this issue?

Re: PFX generation using keytool

Posted by Ognjen Blagojevic <og...@gmail.com>.
Nestor,
Chris,

>> java.security.KeyStoreException: TrustedCertEntry not supported.
>> Entry for alias root not imported. Do you want to quit the import
>> process? [no]:
>>
>> How can i solve this issue?
>
> What kind of stuff can be found in your .keystore source?
>
> If you have a TrustedCertEntry (which ought to be a client
> certificate, right?) then it has no place in a keystore... that
> belongs in a truststore, no?

Nestor probably have root and intermediate CA certificates imported into
Java keystore in order to create valid certificate chain during the
import of server certificate.

After the server certificate is imported into keystore, root and
intermediate CA certificates are safe to remove from the keystore.

> Try importing .. um, less of the source keystore?

Right, OP might:

1. Delete trusted key entries, and leave only PrivateKeyEntry, and then
export, or
2. add option -alias foo, where foo is alias for PrivateKeyEntry
available in the keystore.

-Ognjen

Re: PFX generation using keytool

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.