Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Nishant Kumar <ni...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/30 03:39:23 UTC

kafka Brokers Leader Skewed

Hi,

I have 10 node kafka cluster. Both kafka broker and zookeeper are running
on each node. Recently 2 node was down (2 and 4). I have a topic with 60
partitions and 3 replication. In kafka manager, Brokers Skewed % is showing
as 50 and Brokers Leader Skewed % as 70. I have manually reassigned the
partition from UI and Brokers Skewed % is 0 now but it didn't change Brokers
Leader Skewed %. I also ran the command:

$ /kafka-preferred-replica-election.sh  --zookeeper localhost:2181
--path-to-json-file topic.json

Warning: --zookeeper is deprecated and will be removed in a future
version of Kafka.
Use --bootstrap-server instead to specify a broker to connect to.
Created preferred replica election path with ...
Successfully started preferred replica election for partitions Set(..

but it didn't change anything. I can see on UI that brokers 8 and 10 have
no leader. How can I rebalance leaders across all brokers evenly? I read
that cluster rolling restart of all broker can solve it but I can't (in
normal case) restart my production Kafka cluster.

kafka version: 2.3.0
zookeeper version: 3.4.12

added kafka manager screenshot and highlighted the issue with the red
circle.

[image: Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.50.02 PM.png]

stackoverflow link of question:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64596259/kafka-brokers-leader-skewed

--
Nishant Kumar