Posted to dev@ripple.apache.org by marco sangiorgi <ma...@neropaco.net> on 2013/03/26 15:05:04 UTC

How to simulate LocalFileSystem on chrome extension (linux)

Hi everybody,
I'm trying to debug a cordova 2.5 app with ripple.

This app makes json requests to a remote server, get some data and save
them in some localFileSystem files.

This is the code deputated to save files:

window.requestFileSystem(LocalFileSystem.PERSISTENT, 0,
function(fileSystem){
                        fileSystem.root.getDirectory("mydirectory",
{create:true}, function(dir){
                           dir.removeRecursively(function(){

fileSystem.root.getDirectory("mydirectory", {create:true, exclusive:
false}, function(){
                                     scarica(data, sync_ok);
                                 });
                           })
                        })
                    })

function scarica(data, callback){
        $.each(data, function(index, q){
            window.requestFileSystem(LocalFileSystem.PERSISTENT, 0,
function(fs){
                fs.root.getFile("mydirectory/"+q.id+".html", {create:true},
function(file){
                    scriviSuFile(file.name, q.html);
                });
            })
        })
        callback();
     }

function scriviSuFile(file, data){
         window.requestFileSystem(LocalFileSystem.PERSISTENT, 0,
function(fileSystem){
            fileSystem.root.getFile("mydirectory/"+file, {create: true},
function(file){
                file.createWriter(function(writer){
                    writer.write(data)
                })
            });
        });
     }

It works quite good on physicals device, but I'm not able to make it works
with ripple emulator. Webkit console returns no errors.

Some ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Marco Sangiorgi