Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Josias Thöny <jo...@wyona.com> on 2006/05/10 13:43:33 UTC

Re: Creating a new publication.

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 12:10 -0800, Phillip Soltan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out the best way to create a new publication with
> Lenya 1.4.  I used the 'New Publication' link to create a new
> publication on the main page but it has problems.
>
> If I login as 'lenya' I get a '404: Page Not Found' with:
>
> --
> The requested document '/index.html' with document-id '/index' does not
> exist.
>
> Create this document
>
> --
>
> If I click on the link and complete the form using the 'Resource Type =
> homepage' then I get an error:
>
> --
> illegal usage of DocumentHelper::writeDocument(), parameter document may
> not be null
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error calling continuation at
> file:/home/psoltan/workspace/lenya14/lenya/usecases/usecases.js:257:-1
> at <map:call> -
> file:/home/psoltan/workspace/lenya14/lenya/usecases/usecase.xmap:95:39
> at <map:mount> -
> file:/home/psoltan/workspace/lenya14/lenya/usecase.xmap:56:128 at
> <map:mount> -
> file:/home/psoltan/workspace/lenya14/global-sitemap.xmap:318:105 at
> <map:mount> - file:/home/psoltan/workspace/lenya14/sitemap.xmap:616:106
>
> --
>
> If I click on the link and complete the form using the 'Resource Type =
> xhtml' and add the 'index_manager_index.xconf' I get an error the first
> time then it works the second time.
>

> The question is should I use the 'New Publication' link to create a new
> publication or is there a clone tool for Lenya 1.4 to copy the default
> publication to a new publication name?  Am I going to run into
> problems later by using the 'New Publication' link?

The 'New Publication' link is the best way to create a new publication.
A newly created publication contains no content, so the message 'the
document does not exist' is normal.
However, when you click on 'create this document' it should be working.
I tried to create a homepage document and I could reproduce the error.
Would you mind to file a bug in bugzilla?
For the xhtml document type it's working for me, though.
The file 'index_manager_index.xconf' should not be necessary anymore,
the index configuration works in a different way now.

hth,
Josias