Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by JD <jd...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/22 17:18:44 UTC

Re: aoo-pdf-import-0.1.0-linux-x86-64.oxt

Hi,
I found a web page that claimed that I can use this extension
to convert PDF to Microsoft Word.

Well, it turns out it does not do so.
Whne I tried to save the file, I looked at the
available format types, and did not see ANY MS formats
like Doc.

So, my question is, how do I proceed and convert to Microsoft .doc format?

My current AOO is 4.1.5

Thanx.

Re: aoo-pdf-import-0.1.0-linux-x86-64.oxt

Posted by Howard Blum <ho...@gmail.com>.
Did you read the disclaimer on the download page for that extension? It
states that it has not been updated since 2014 and as such it may not
function properly with your OS.

--
Howard Blum
Pro Mobile Notary

Re: aoo-pdf-import-0.1.0-linux-x86-64.oxt

Posted by Howard Blum <ho...@gmail.com>.
What extension are you referring to?

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 9:18 AM JD <jd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I found a web page that claimed that I can use this extension
> to convert PDF to Microsoft Word.
>
> Well, it turns out it does not do so.
> Whne I tried to save the file, I looked at the
> available format types, and did not see ANY MS formats
> like Doc.
>
> So, my question is, how do I proceed and convert to Microsoft .doc format?
>
> My current AOO is 4.1.5
>
> Thanx.

Howard Blum
Pro Mobile Notary
PO Box 834
Novato, CA 94948
415-898-4130
http://pro-mobile-notary.com

Re: aoo-pdf-import-0.1.0-linux-x86-64.oxt

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 10:18:44 -0700
JD <jd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I found a web page that claimed that I can use this extension
> to convert PDF to Microsoft Word.
>
> Well, it turns out it does not do so.
> Whne I tried to save the file, I looked at the
> available format types, and did not see ANY MS formats
> like Doc.
>
> So, my question is, how do I proceed and convert to Microsoft .doc format?
>
> My current AOO is 4.1.5
>
> Thanx.

You need to use an OCR (Optical Characer Recognition) program that will read a PDF file; most OCR programs will produce plain text, html formatted or .doc files.  Considerable editing may be require to get a good format.

Sometimes OCR programs come with one's scanner software.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>