Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net> on 2006/04/18 18:42:22 UTC

[VOTE] Move Jakarta Cactus/JMeter to new Testing TLP

Hi all,

In the last months, there have been some discussions internally (at
Jakarta PMC, Cactus and JMeter lists) about creating a new Testing TLP
(Apache Top Level Project) and moving Cactus and JMeter out of Jakarta
to this new project (which eventually could grow and 'acquire' more
projects, like DbUnit).

The overall consensus seems that such TLP should be created, even
though the previous proposal did not get enough votes (looks like it
was an misunderstanding from the way it was proposed).

So, in order to move the process ahead, I would like to propose a new
vote here on the general list (I will notify the dev lists about it).
The options are:

[  ] +1 I am favorable to the move and would like to contribute to the new TLP
[  ] +1 I am favorable to the move but would not be participating in the new TLP
[  ] +0 it does not matter to me
[  ] -1 I am against it because ....

Notice that I have included 2 +1 options to make it clear that voting
+1 does not imply a participation in the new TLP - it only means an
agreement that these projects should leave Jakarta to form a new TLP.
OTOH, people willing to contribute to the new TLP might also propose
themselves to its PMC by editing the proposal on Jakarta's wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/TLPCactusAndJMeter).

[]s,

-- Felipe

Re: [VOTE] Move Jakarta Cactus/JMeter to new Testing TLP

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hola,

> [ X  ] +1 I am favorable to the move and would like to contribute to the new TLP
> [  ] +1 I am favorable to the move but would not be participating in the new TLP
> [  ] +0 it does not matter to me
> [  ] -1 I am against it because ....

I support the new TLP and would like to contribute.  Whether I can
contribute only in oversight as a PMC member or in both oversight and
actual code contributions depends on my bandwidth, but I'm going to
try.

As a side note to Felipe (please reply privately so as not to clutter
this vote thread): what's the point of the MAILTO in all caps on the
proposal wiki page?  It doesn't seem to do anything.

Yoav

Re: [VOTE] Move Jakarta Cactus/JMeter to new Testing TLP

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
> [ ] +1 I am favorable to the move and would like to contribute to the new TLP
> [X] +1 I am favorable to the move but would not be participating in the new TLP
> [ ] +0 it does not matter to me
> [ ] -1 I am against it because ....

Stephen

Re: [VOTE] Move Jakarta Cactus/JMeter to new Testing TLP

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
+1.

It could also be a home to latka, which is out of place here in
jakarta-commons.

On 4/21/06, Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net> wrote:

> > The options are:
> >
> > [X] +1 I am favorable to the move and would like to contribute to the
> new TLP
> > [  ] +1 I am favorable to the move but would not be participating in the
> new TLP
> > [  ] +0 it does not matter to me
> > [  ] -1 I am against it because ....
> >

> Same motivation as Yoav and Rahul..
>
> Mvgr,
> Martin

Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light. Not because Chuck Norris is afraid
of the dark, but because the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris

Re: [VOTE] Move Jakarta Cactus/JMeter to new Testing TLP

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Felipe Leme wrote:

> [  ] +1 I am favorable to the move and would like to contribute to the new TLP
> [  ] +1 I am favorable to the move but would not be participating in the new TLP
> [ X ] +0 it does not matter to me
> [  ] -1 I am against it because ....

I support the move, and would be willing to participate in terms of
helping out on the pmc@testing list (the board encourage pmcs to have a
few members); however am not +1 as no matter how much I nudge and suggest
TLP, I don't want to beusing my vote to actively push.

Hen

Re: [VOTE] Move Jakarta Cactus/JMeter to new Testing TLP

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 4/18/06, Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net> wrote:
<snip/>

> [ X ] +1 I am favorable to the move and would like to contribute to the new TLP
> [  ] +1 I am favorable to the move but would not be participating in the new TLP
> [  ] +0 it does not matter to me
> [  ] -1 I am against it because ....

<snap/>

Follow-up comment similar to Yoav's.

Based on prior threads, it is also my understanding that all the
Cactus/JMeter folks are at worst a +0 (if that turns out to be wrong,
I may need to rethink, since they're immediately affected).

-Rahul

Re: [VOTE] Move Jakarta Cactus/JMeter to new Testing TLP

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.

Felipe Leme schrieb:

> [  ] +1 I am favorable to the move and would like to contribute to the new TLP
> [ X] +1 I am favorable to the move but would not be participating in the new TLP
> [  ] +0 it does not matter to me
> [  ] -1 I am against it because ....

	Best regards
		Henning