Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Daniel Buchan <da...@ucl.ac.uk> on 2013/01/23 19:25:29 UTC

Hadoop-1.1.0 on EC2

Hi,

We've recently built a hadoop package that we're somewhat happy with
which we'd now like to deploy on Amazon's EC2. However we built against
the HADOOP release 1.1.0 and there doesn't appear to be a public AMI
image for hadoop 1.1.0. Will we have to build our own AMI or is there
another we can safely use?

Thanks,
Daniel.

Re: Hadoop-1.1.0 on EC2

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Pardon if my use of AMZN jargon is wrong here cause I don't quite use
it much: I don't think we carry/maintain an AMI. However, there's the
Apache Whirr project that deals with Hadoop over Cloud and you can
probably take a look/ask there: http://whirr.apache.org?

--
Harsh J

Re: Hadoop-1.1.0 on EC2