Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Elango <el...@daon.com> on 2001/11/30 19:51:16 UTC

problem in working with JAXP and Xerces in VA Java

Hi,
	I am trying to use JAXP along with Xerces. While trying to run the
program, jaxp is looking for crimson implementation of
DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
(org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl). How can I change it
Xerces Implementation of the Parser.

Thanks & Regards

Elango
"The email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and privileged and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorised direct or indirect dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited."

Re: problem in working with JAXP and Xerces in VA Java

Posted by Edwin Goei <ed...@sun.com>.
Elango wrote:

> Hi,
>         I am trying to use JAXP along with Xerces. While trying to run the
> program, jaxp is looking for crimson implementation of
> DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
> (org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl). How can I change it
> Xerces Implementation of the Parser.

It sounds like a classpath problem.  Put the xerces.jar file before any
other parser jar files and see if that works.  I know that Xerces 1.4.3
and 1.4.4 should work and Xerces 2.

-Edwin