Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ken Rimple <ke...@rimple.net> on 2002/10/09 19:02:26 UTC

Experience with Jetspeed and Sun One Server 6.0

I've had very bad experiences here, mostly because my background is BEA
Weblogic and
it isn't as straight-forward to figure out class pathing and the like.
However, I wanted
to know whether anyone got this to work yet.

Someone had mentioned that when the Pool wasn't found they didn't have
jetspeed.jar in the
classpath; I've done that and still get errors.  If I have turbine.jar and
stratum.jar in the classpath, I get
[09/Oct/2002:12:57:58] failure (  540): Internal error: exception thrown
from the servlet service function (uri=/jetspeed/portal/):
org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: ServiceBroker: unknown
service PoolService requested, Stack:
org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: ServiceBroker: unknown
service PoolService requested
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(BaseService
Broker.java:356)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getService(BaseServiceBroker.j
ava:298)
	at
org.apache.turbine.util.RunDataFactory.putRunData(RunDataFactory.java:231)
	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:599)
	at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.invokeServletService(NSServl
etRunner.java:897)
	at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.WebApplication.service(WebApplication.java:1
059)
	at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.ServiceWebApp(NSServletRunne
r.java:959)
	at com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletSession.internalRedirect(Native
Method)
	at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSRequestDispatcher.forward(NSRequestDispatc
her.java:48)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:415)
	at _jsps._index_jsp._jspService(_index_jsp.java:61)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:248)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.access$6(JspServlet.j
ava:238)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:519)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:588)
	at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.invokeServletService(NSServl
etRunner.java:897)
	at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.WebApplication.service(WebApplication.java:1
059)
	at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.ServiceWebApp(NSServletRunne
r.java:959)

If I have just turbine.jar in the class path I get:

[09/Oct/2002:12:55:32] failure (  756): Internal error: Unexpected error
condition thrown (unknown exception,no description), stack:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/stratum/component/ComponentLoader
	at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.WServletEntity.loadAndInitServlet(WServletEn
tity.java:71)
	at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.WebApplication.init(WebApplication.java:315)
	at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.VirtualServer.init(VirtualServer.java:181)
	at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.VSInit(NSServletRunner.java:
686)

Prior error was : (before adding turbine.jar to the class path
[...]

[in web-apps.xml]
<vs>
   <web-app uri="/jetspeed"
   dir="e:/iplanet/servers/webapps/jetspeed"/>
</vs>

Server class path for Java VM (now)
e:/iplanet/servers/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/lib/turbine-2.2-b2-dev.jar;e:/ip
lanet/servers/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/lib/stratum-1.0-b2-dev.jar;E:/iPlanet
/Servers/plugins/servlets/examples/legacy/beans.10/SDKBeans10.jar

Hellllp!!!  I read the eariler thread and am now more confused than ever.
Does anyone have this running in Sun One / Iplanet 6.0?

I'm using JDk 1.3.1_03 as the JDK.

Thanks,

Ken Rimple

Posted by Krish Chandra <kr...@ERC.MsState.Edu>.
hi,
   I am trying to put a https page for a webpageportlet and jetspeed gives
me a malformed URL exception. Is there some other version that I need to
download that supports this or do I need to make a modification someplace
else?
  Also accessing jetspeed using netscape(4.79) is really slow. Could it be
because I am still using the default stylesheets?
thanks
-Krish