Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2020/06/11 05:55:42 UTC

[ANN] Apache Karaf 4.2.9 runtime has been released

Hi,

The Karaf team is pleased to announce Karaf 4.2.9 runtime release.

It includes several fixes, especially on the shell, security improvements, dependency updates and much more !

http://karaf.apache.org/download.html <http://karaf.apache.org/download.html>

Enjoy !

The Karaf team

Re: [ANN] Apache Karaf 4.2.9 runtime has been released

Posted by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no>.
I have packaged 4.2.9 as a debian package
 https://steinar.bang.priv.no/2018/01/23/installing-apache-karaf-on-debian/#comment-15434

I have only tested this with openjdk 11 on debian 10.5 "buster" on
amd64, but I use it there in production.

Note1! I needed to sign karaf 4.2.8 with a different key than earlier
releases because of an aptly bug, so anyone already using my APT
repository will need to add an extra GPG key. I have updated the apt-key
command example in the blog post to reflect this.

If you updated the key for 4.2.8 you don't have to do anything new.

Heh, it took 14 weeks and 3 days from the karaf 4.2.9 release until I
got around to make a deb package.  Ironically, this was the simplest deb
package upgrade I've done: I just changed the VERSION in the
debian/rules file and re-ran dpkg-buildpackage and that was all I had to
do (except for republishing the package in aptly)
 https://github.com/steinarb/karaf-debian/commit/9779a0a4513024ebd077f3442fcd4f8bd177bc79