Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/21 11:15:27 UTC

Requesting containers on a specific host

Hi,
  I am trying to get container on a specific host, using setHostName(0 call
on ResourceRequest, but could not get allocated anything forever, which
just works fine when I change the node name to "*". I am working on a
single node cluster, and I am giving the name of the single node I have in
my cluster.

  Is there any specific format that I need to give for setHostName(), why
is it not working...

Thanks,
Kishore

Re: Requesting containers on a specific host

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

  I just found that setHostName() doesn't work on 2.0.0-alpha and works on
2.0..4-alpha, I didn't check the intermediate versions. I have verified it
by starting the daemons of respective versions, and modifying the
ApplicationMaster.java in the distributed shell example, and running a date
command on it.  Is this something already known? or have I been doing
something wrong?

Thanks,
Kishore

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Yes Arun, the one I am giving is same as the one I see in RM's log also.

Posted by "devaraj.k@huawei.com" <de...@huawei.com>.
Hi Kishore,

   As per the exception given, Node Manager is getting excluded. It might be
happening that you have configured the Node Manager in excluded file using
this configuration in Resource Manager.

 Could you check this configuration in RM, is it configured with any file
and that file contains the NM address?

  <property>
    <description>Path to file with nodes to exclude.</description>
    <name>yarn.resourcemanager.nodes.exclude-path</name>
    <value></value>
  </property>

  and also can you cross check this configuration, if you have updated this
then the modification is proper or not.

  <property>
    <description>Path to file with nodes to include.</description>
    <name>yarn.resourcemanager.nodes.include-path</name>
    <value></value>
  </property>

 Thanks&Regards
 Devaraj k

Re: Requesting containers on a specific host

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
I could resolve this error with a simple host name change to a fully
qualified one including the domain name. But to go ahead running some of my
old example code, I am observing at least the following changes :

1) ClientRMProtocol and AMRMProtocol are removed.
2) ContainerManager is removed.
3) YarnRemoteException is removed.
4) ContainerRequest is removed.

It looks like it is now compulsory to modify my application accordingly,
where as on earlier versions, I could have run the same application without
any modifications.

Thanks,
Kishore

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Devaraj,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Devaraj,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Devaraj,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Devaraj,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
John,

This feature will available in the upcoming 2.1.0-beta release. The first
release candidate (RC) has been cut, but it seems a new RC will be needed.
The exact release date is still not known but it should be soon.

thanks.

--
Alejandro

Re: Requesting containers on a specific host

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
John,

--
Alejandro

Re: Requesting containers on a specific host

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
John,

--
Alejandro

Re: Requesting containers on a specific host

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
John,

--
Alejandro

RE: Requesting containers on a specific host

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.
Arun,

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.
Arun,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.
Arun,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.
Arun,

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Requesting containers on a specific host

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Requesting containers on a specific host

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Requesting containers on a specific host

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Requesting containers on a specific host

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Requesting containers on a specific host

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Requesting containers on a specific host

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Requesting containers on a specific host

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.