Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by lb <lb...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/09 14:52:50 UTC

Camel ApiName Enumeration : object creation optimization

Hi,

I've noticed that the code generated by camel-api-component-maven-plugin
for ApiName can potentially generate excessive garbage if fromValue is
invoked often, this is because:

- enum::values() is not cached so it generates a new array for each call
- new for style generates an iterator each time

So I've create a very simple patch (
https://github.com/lburgazzoli/apache-camel/commit/c973f5f97ba286c3fa89c0db77f4aad685e05a02)
that fixes it.

If ok I'll open a JIRA and submit a PR.

Regards,
Luca

Re: Camel ApiName Enumeration : object creation optimization

Posted by lb <lb...@gmail.com>.
Done.

https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/720

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.