Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/25 13:38:57 UTC

[RELEASE]: propose new snapshot build based on rev. 1496424.

Hi,

I propose a new snapshot build based on rev. 1496424. (related trunk
rev. 1496422)

I have already merged the following languages

Complete: Spanish, Japanese, Dutch, Korean, Finnish, French, Portuguese

UI complete: German, Tamil

These languages will be included in the snapshot build. More languages
will be included on demand and availability of the translation.

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE]: propose new snapshot build based on rev. 1496424.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 6/25/13 1:44 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> Complete: Spanish, Japanese, Dutch, Korean, Finnish, French, Portuguese
>> UI complete: German, Tamil
>> These languages will be included in the snapshot build. More languages
>> will be included on demand and availability of the translation.
>
> Italian is at "UI complete" stage too:
> https://translate.apache.org/it/aoo40/
>
> If a build is made available, we can ask volunteers to test it.

you re correct, I missed it. I will include Italian as well

Juergen

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: [RELEASE]: propose new snapshot build based on rev. 1496831.

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Mechtilde,

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 11:18:02AM +0200, Mechtilde wrote:
> Hello Ariel,
> hello @
>
> when can I expect DEBS 64 bit so I can install it under Wheezy (Debian
> 7.0), looking for the UI and finishing the transaltion for the
> Germanophone Help. Most of it is the presenter minimizer.

looks like uploading finished while I was sleeping (11 GB take a lot of
time). You can find them here:
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/developer-snapshots/snapshot/

Recall to remove all previous installations:

* debian based:

sudo apt-get purge openoffice.org-ure openoffice.org*-debian-menus

tar xvf <tar file>
cd <language>/DEBS
sudo dpkg -i ./*.deb ./desktop-integration/*.deb

* yum:

su -c 'yum erase openoffice.org-ure openoffice.org*-redhat-menus'

tar xvf <tar file>
cd <language>/RPMS
su -c 'yum --nogpgcheck localinstall ./*.rpm'
su -c 'yum --nogpgcheck localinstall ./desktop-integration/<package for your distro>'

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: [RELEASE]: propose new snapshot build based on rev. 1496831.

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello Oliver,

I did a test in a clean virtualbox under Debian Wheezy 32 bit.
First I installed AOO 3.4.1 without problems
Then I installed the developer Snapshot from 2013-06-27 with dpkg -i *.deb.

This doesn't work proper. I get many errors, for example: "openoffice
kollidiert mit openoffice.org3" and so on

I tried it also with --auto-deconfigure but this doesn't solve all problems.

Kind regards

Mechtilde

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Metchtilde,

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 6/26/13 1:18 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 6/26/13 8:57 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>>
>>> Could it be that something broke here? The build is broken for me in
>>> readlicense_oo module. Note that it wasn't a clean build, so beware.
>>>
>>> Changing extras/l10n/source/hu/localize.sdf to add a </a> after an
>>> occurrence of "http://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html" fixed
>>> it. Of course, I won't commit the fixed SDF since it would get
>>> overwritten by Pootle: this need to be fixed in Pootle and reimported.
>>>
>>> There is also an occurrence (clearly a typo, "iopenoffice") of
>>> http://iopenoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html
>>> in the same file.
>>>
>>> By the way, I was building with --with-lang="it sk" but apparently
>>> readlicense_oo parses the Hungarian file too.
>>
>> yes, the Hungarian translation is broken here, I noticed this as well,
>> have fixed it on Pootle and working on the new integration.
>>
>> I was to optimistic and normally I built locally first. But this time I
>> simply check it with gsicheck and hoped it were ok. This kind of error
>> becomes visible during the build first.
>
> ok after solving hopefully the last problem with the new translations if
> built now the snapshot tag based on rev 1496831.
>
> Sorry for the confusion, I just wanted to provide a new snapshot as fast
> as possible and with as many as possible languages. And of course I
> worked against my own principles to test it locally first. It simply
> takes too long :-(

I am still uploading the bits for MacOS and Windows, it's slow.

Nevertheless have I prepared full install sets, language packs, SDK and
src release packages.

The wiki page is update and if a link doesn't work yet the upload is
potentially not finished.

@Ariel, if Linux is available as well I can update the wiki.

And once again sorry for the confusion.

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE]: propose new snapshot build based on rev. 1496831.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [RELEASE]: propose new snapshot build based on rev. 1496471.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: [RELEASE]: propose new snapshot build based on rev. 1496491.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 6/25/13 4:28 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 6/25/13 4:13 PM, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
>> 2013.06.25. 15:52 keltezéssel, Jürgen Schmidt írta:

>>> Hungarian will be include din the next snapshot or I will prepare a
>>> special snapshot for some further languages
>>>
>>> The next snapshot will prepared on the SNAPSHOT tag based rev. 1496471
>>> (trunk 1496442)
>>>
>>> I add Italian in the list of languages. I start now to move forward with
>>> QA etc.
>>>
>>> Juergen
>> I only now had time to correct these errors.
>> Now fished, and wait for the next snapshot.
>
> ok I will move the snapshot tag once more because I would like to have
> as many as possible langs in this snapshot.

ok, now last change for this round, build on SNAPSHOT tag rev. 1496491

Juergen

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Reizinger Zoltán <zr...@hdsnet.hu>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.